¿Qué vas a encontrar aquí?
Parquet flooring is a distinctive and attractive flooring option that can add a touch of elegance and sophistication to any home. The term “parquet” comes from the French word “parqueterie” which was first used in the 17th century. During this time, marble slabs were a popular flooring option in France, particularly among the wealthy and royal families. However, these slabs were difficult to maintain because frequent washing caused the wooden joints underneath to rot, leading to dissatisfaction among the aristocrats.
To solve this problem, parquet flooring emerged as an alternative flooring option. This type of flooring was first used in the Royal Chateau of Versailles and quickly gained popularity throughout France. Parquet flooring consists of panels or blocks of wood arranged in intricate patterns, providing a stunning visual effect.
Today, parquet flooring is primarily made from a range of materials including oak, walnut, maple, cherry, and even some exotic hardwoods such as mahogany. These materials are selected for their durability, strength, and beauty, making them ideal for use in flooring.
In addition to its aesthetic appeal, parquet flooring is also known for its practicality and longevity. Its intricate design allows it to withstand wear and tear better than traditional wood flooring, and its durability ensures it can last for decades if properly maintained.
Overall, parquet flooring is a versatile and attractive flooring option that can add value to any home. Whether you prefer a classic or modern style, there is a parquet flooring design that can fit your aesthetic preferences and elevate the look and feel of your living space.
It may interest you: Top 3 Best Construction Companies in Istanbul Turkey
Types of Parquet Flooring
Parquet flooring is a popular choice for homeowners who want to add elegance and warmth to their homes. Parquet flooring comes in different types, which are as follows:
- Solid parquet flooring: Solid parquet flooring is made from solid pieces of wood, which are cut and shaped into small blocks or panels. These blocks are then arranged in a specific pattern, such as herringbone, basket weave, or chevron. Solid parquet flooring is durable and long-lasting, but it can be expensive and difficult to install.
- Engineered parquet flooring: Engineered parquet flooring is made from multiple layers of wood, with a solid wood top layer and a plywood or high-density fiberboard (HDF) base. The top layer is usually made from hardwood, such as oak, maple, or cherry. Engineered parquet flooring is more affordable than solid parquet flooring and is easier to install. It is also more stable than solid wood flooring and can be installed in areas with high humidity.
- Veneer parquet flooring: Veneer parquet flooring is similar to engineered parquet flooring, but it has a thinner top layer of solid wood. The top layer is usually between 1 and 6 millimeters thick and is glued onto a plywood or HDF base. Veneer parquet flooring is less expensive than solid or engineered parquet flooring but can still provide the same look and feel.
- Mosaic parquet flooring: Mosaic parquet flooring is made from small wooden blocks, which are usually less than 5 centimeters in length. The blocks are arranged in a variety of patterns, such as hexagons, diamonds, or triangles. Mosaic parquet flooring is often used in areas with high foot traffic, such as hallways and entryways.
- Laminate parquet flooring: Laminate parquet flooring is made from synthetic materials, such as high-density fiberboard, and has a printed image of wood grain on top. Laminate parquet flooring is affordable and easy to install, but it is not as durable as other types of parquet flooring and cannot be sanded or refinished.
Each type has its own advantages and disadvantages, and the choice of which one to use depends on factors such as budget, location, and personal preference.
Top Parquet Companies In Istanbul Turkey
ESB Flooring is a reputable and trusted flooring expert in the UK, providing high-quality flooring products and accessories to meet the needs of any residential or commercial project. They pride themselves on offering practical advice, fast turnaround times, and personalized service to ensure that customers receive the best possible experience.
One of ESB Flooring’s major strengths is the variety of flooring styles they offer. They have an extensive range of traditional and antique wood flooring styles, as well as trendy and contemporary flooring styles that are popular in modern homes and commercial spaces. This range means that they can cater to customers with diverse tastes, budgets, and requirements.
ESB Flooring also stocks an array of flooring accessories that complement their flooring products. These accessories include underlays, adhesives, trims, and finishes, among others. This approach to providing a complete flooring solution makes it easy for customers to find everything they need in one place and ensures a seamless installation process.
Furthermore, ESB Flooring is committed to sustainable practices and offers a range of sustainably sourced wood flooring options, including Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) certified products. This commitment to eco-friendliness and sustainability is reflected in the choices of products and services they offer, and it’s a testament to their dedication to providing responsible and ethical solutions to customers.
Hit Holzindustrie Torgau GmbH & Co. Kg
The HIT Holzindustrie Torgau plant has impressive annual production and drying capacities for 17 million transport pallets. Additionally, the company has invested over EUR 200 million in a highly technological production process, which uses all waste materials generated during processing. For example, sawdust is used to produce pellets and briquettes, and blocks are used to make transport pallets. The company’s five in-house biomass heating plants are powered by the wood residues, further reducing their carbon footprint.
Fratelli Sgambetterra is a company that specializes in the processing and treatment of olive wood, producing olive wood parquets, semi-finished products, untreated wooden boards, and firewood. Their products are manufactured with respect for nature, using locally sourced olive wood. The company has a passion for olive wood production and prides itself on combining this passion with sustainable practices. Their products are shipped worldwide, both seasoned and fresh, making them accessible to customers worldwide.