¿Qué vas a encontrar aquí?
Labiaplasty is a surgical procedure that involves altering the labia minora, which are the small, inner folds of skin that surround the vaginal opening. The labia minora can vary in size and shape, and some women may feel self-conscious or experience discomfort due to enlarged or asymmetrical labia. During a labiaplasty, the surgeon can trim, reshape, or reduce the size of the labia minora in order to achieve a more aesthetically pleasing or functional appearance. This can involve removing excess tissue, reshaping the labia, or reducing the size of the labia to better match the labia majora (the larger, outer folds of skin).
Labiaplasty is typically performed as an outpatient procedure under local or general anesthesia, and recovery time can vary depending on the extent of the surgery. Potential risks and complications may include infection, bleeding, scarring, or changes in sensation.
It is important to carefully consider the potential risks and benefits of any surgical procedure, and to have a consultation with a qualified healthcare provider to discuss your individual needs and expectations. It is also important to keep in mind that labiaplasty is a personal decision and should not be done for anyone else but yourself. Here you can find out the top gynecologists and clinics for the best labiaplasty surgery in Istanbul and Turkey.
Why take labiaplasty?
There are a variety of reasons why a person may choose to undergo labiaplasty. Some of the most common reasons include:
- Discomfort: Enlarged or asymmetrical labia minora can cause discomfort or irritation during activities such as exercise, sexual intercourse, or wearing tight clothing. For some women, labiaplasty can help alleviate these physical symptoms.
- Appearance: Some women may feel self-conscious or unhappy with the appearance of their labia minora. Labiaplasty can be performed to alter the shape, size, or symmetry of the labia and create a more aesthetically pleasing appearance.
- Congenital abnormalities: In some cases, the labia minora may be elongated or asymmetric due to a congenital abnormality. Labiaplasty can be used to correct these abnormalities and improve the overall appearance and function of the genital area.
- Sexual satisfaction: Some women may feel that enlarged or asymmetrical labia minora interfere with sexual activity or orgasm. Labiaplasty may help improve sexual satisfaction and increase confidence in the bedroom.
It is important to note that labiaplasty is a personal decision and should not be done for anyone else but yourself. It is important to carefully consider the potential risks and benefits of any surgical procedure, and to have a consultation with a qualified healthcare provider to discuss your individual needs and expectations
How the Labiaplasty Surgery Performed?
Labiaplasty is a surgical procedure that can be performed in several ways depending on the individual’s needs and the surgeon’s techniques. In general, the procedure involves removing excess tissue from the labia minora and reshaping the remaining tissue to create a more aesthetically pleasing appearance and alleviate any discomfort or irritation.
Here is a general overview of how the labiaplasty surgery is performed:
- Anesthesia: The surgeon will administer either local or general anesthesia depending on the extent of the surgery and the individual’s needs.
- Incision: The surgeon will make incisions in the labia minora, typically using a scalpel or laser. The incisions are made in a way that preserves the natural contour of the labia while removing excess tissue.
- Reshaping: Once the excess tissue is removed, the remaining tissue is reshaped to create a more aesthetically pleasing appearance. The surgeon may use various techniques to reshape the labia, including suturing the tissue or using a laser to sculpt the tissue.
- Closure: The incisions are closed using dissolvable stitches, and the area is covered with a sterile dressing.
- Recovery: After the surgery, the individual will need to rest and avoid strenuous activity for several days to allow the area to heal. Pain medication and ice packs may be used to manage any discomfort or swelling.
The specifics of the surgery may vary depending on the individual’s needs and the surgeon’s techniques. It is important to have a consultation with a qualified healthcare provider to discuss the details of the procedure and any potential risks or complications
Labiaplasty Surgery Prices in Istanbul and Turkey
The cost of labiaplasty can range from 500 to 850 Euros or more, depending on factors including the surgeon’s reputation, the clinic’s reputation, and the patient’s location.
Top 3 best Labiaplasty clinics & surgeons in Istanbul Turkey
Op. Dr. Jale Dal Agca
Jin. Op. Dr. Jale Dal Agca is another well-known doctor in Istanbul who specialises in women’s health, obstetrics, gynaecology, infertility, IVF, gynecolic malignancies, and genital aesthetic procedures. In 1997, she obtained her medical doctorate after graduating from the Istanbul University Istanbul Faculty of Medicine. She then finished her specialisation at the Kocaeli University School of Medicine and became a Gynecology and Obstetrics Specialist. She worked at numerous hospitals during her specialist training, including Private Yuzyl Hospital, Private Goztepe Safak Hospital, Private Acibadem Atasehir Hospital, Private Medical Park Goztepe Hospital, and Private Istanbul Koşuyolu Medipol Hospital. She is currently employed at Private Acibadem Kozyatagi Hospital, one of the city’s most popular A+ class private hospitals.
Her specialties include normal pregnancy follow-up, dangerous pregnancy follow-up, laparoscopic, hysteroscopic surgery, laser and genital aesthetic surgery, sexual dysfunctions, and vaginismus. She is also a member of the Turkish Gynecology and Obstetrics Society and the Turkish Urogynecology Society.
Op. Dr. Burcu K. Arslan
Ms. Op. Dr. Burcu K. Arslan is a well-known gynaecologist in Istanbul and Turkey, where she oversees women’s health, obstetrics, and cosmetic gynaecology surgery and treatments in her own clinic. She received her Medical Doctorate after graduating from Trakya University’s Medical Faculty. She was then accepted to specialise in Obstetrics and Gynecology at the University of Cologne in Germany. Working with professionals from around the world, she got valuable knowledge in obstetrics and aesthetic gynaecology.
She then went on to study in a variety of subjects at Wayne State University in Detroit. She took part in studies on the effects of the VEGF molecule on IVF success in infertile patients, as well as a comparison of follicular fluid VEGF concentrations in endometriosis patients. She obtained her Gynecology and Obstetrics specialist diploma from Istanbul University Capa Medical Faculty in 2005, based on her international experiences. After that, in 2006, she opened her own clinic. She has more than 15 years of experience in women’s health, obstetrics, and cosmetic gynaecology.
VM Medical Park Florya Hospital – Assoc. Prof. Dr. Hediye Dagdeviren
Associate Professor Dr. Hediye Dagdeviren is a well-regarded expert in the fields of gynaecology, obstetrics, infertility, and in vitro fertilisation (IVF) both in Istanbul and throughout Turkey. After receiving her degree from Dicle University in 2005, she went on to serve at a number of hospitals, including Bakirkoy Sadi Konuk Hospital and Kanuni Sultan Suleyman Training and Research Hospital, among others. She is currently working at one of the most well-known A+ class private hospitals in Istanbul, which is located in Florya and is called VM Medical Park Hospital.
She has more than 15 years of experience working in the fields of gynaecology, obstetrics, and in vitro fertilisation (IVF). In addition, she is a member of a number of professional organisations, such as the American Society for Reproductive Medicine (ASRM), the European Society of Human Reproduction and Embryology (ESHRE), the Society of Turkish Obstetrics and Gynecology (Istanbul), and the Reproductive Health and Infertility Association (TSRM).