¿Qué vas a encontrar aquí?
A beach is a geological landform consisting of loose particles such as sand, pebbles, or shingle that have been deposited by the action of waves or currents along the shoreline of a body of water such as an ocean, sea, lake, or river. Beaches are typically characterized by their sandy or rocky surface, and can be found in a wide variety of shapes and sizes. They are popular destinations for recreational activities such as swimming, sunbathing, surfing, and fishing, and are often important habitats for a variety of plant and animal species.
Istanbul, the transcontinental city that bridges Europe and Asia, is well-known for its rich history, cultural landmarks, and bustling city life. However, not many people know that Istanbul also boasts some of the most beautiful beaches in Turkey. From serene stretches of golden sand to crystal-clear waters, Istanbul’s beaches offer the perfect escape from the city’s hustle and bustle. In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the top best beaches in Istanbul, where you can soak up the sun, swim in the sea, and indulge in some of the best beach activities the city has to offer. Whether you’re a local looking for a weekend getaway or a tourist exploring Istanbul’s vibrant culture, these beaches are sure to impress.
Istanbul, a transcontinental city that connects Europe and Asia, has several stunning coasts located within 20 km to 60 km from the city center. These beautiful beaches offer an opportunity to relax in the sun, swim in the sea, and enjoy beach clubs and bars. The beaches are especially lively in July and August, where you can enjoy water sports and spend the whole day lounging, sunbathing, and swimming. As night falls, you can experience the vibrant beach clubbing atmosphere at the beach bars.
Historically, many of the places that are currently considered inner districts used to be beach spots where most of the high class families in Istanbul would spend the summer season in their second crip. Although the Bosphorus used to be too unkempt to swim in, it has recently undergone clean-up which has led to a few public beaches in the city center where individuals can now take a dip before heading out for the rest of the day.
If you’re willing to venture slightly further afield, there are plenty of wilder beaches on the Black Sea, Sea of Marmara, and the Princes Island archipelago, which can be easily reached on a day trip. On the golden beaches near the village of Kilyos, you’ll find fashionable beach clubs that throw lively parties during the summer, as well as quieter spots where you can camp and escape the city’s hustle and bustle. While you may have to purchase tickets for access to the best spots, a few less well-known portions remain of the beach that is at ease to access.
You may also be interested: Top 3 Vegetarian Restaurants in Istanbul
Advantages Of Going To A Beach In Istanbul
Istanbul is a city that is situated along the coastline of the Marmara Sea, the Bosphorus Strait, and the Black Sea, which means that there are plenty of beaches for locals and tourists to enjoy. Here are some advantages of going to a beach in Istanbul:
- Beautiful Scenery: Istanbul’s beaches offer breathtaking views of the sea, the city skyline, and the surrounding natural landscape. The combination of water, sand, and greenery creates a serene and peaceful atmosphere, making it an ideal place to relax and unwind.
- Variety of Activities: Istanbul’s beaches provide a range of activities for visitors. You can enjoy swimming, sunbathing, beach volleyball, beach soccer, windsurfing, kiteboarding, or just take a leisurely stroll along the coastline. Additionally, many beaches have facilities such as cafes, restaurants, showers, and changing rooms.
- Easy Access: Many of Istanbul’s beaches are easily accessible by public transportation, which makes them an affordable and convenient option for visitors who are staying in the city.
- Local Culture: Visiting the beaches in Istanbul is a great way to experience the local culture and interact with the friendly locals. You can taste traditional Turkish cuisine, listen to Turkish music, and participate in cultural activities.
- Health Benefits: Going to the beach has many health advantages. Sunlight exposure encourages the body to create vitamin D, which is necessary for healthy bones and overall health. Additionally, swimming in saltwater can help to improve skin health, reduce stress levels, and boost the immune system.
Top Best Beaches In Istanbul
Solar Beach Therapy in Kilyos (Black Sea)
Solar Beach Therapy is located on the northwest of central Istanbul, in Kilyos, Sariyer district. It offers the perfect escape for those who want to leave the city without giving up the city’s entertainment and opportunities. The beach has a perfect 1 km stretch of sandy beach, a deck, and a beach club for 2,000 people, a restaurant, a bar, and summer beach parties. There are also activities for visitors such as a surf club, aromatherapy beauty center, pet center, health center, gym, markets, shops, and fashion shows, workshops, and jet ski championships.
Teos Beach in Kinali Island (Marmara Sea, Princes’ Islands)
Teos Beach is a lovely beach club situated at the Kinali Islands, one of the prettiest islands of the Princes’ Islands. It provides quality beach service and dining experiences in its Greek-style restaurant, with delicious menus, beautiful sea views, and clean sea. Teos Beach draws attention with its calm and clear sea, seafood restaurant, and event services. Sun beds and umbrellas are included in the fee, and the beach usually serves as a beach and restaurant during the day and offers entertainment programs in the evenings.
Burch Beach in Kilyos (Black Sea)
Burch Beach is a fine beach managed by the Bosphorus University Graduates Association and is situated in Kilyos, Sariyer district. It has a beautiful sandy beach that offers a 1400 m2 sun terrace, a 2,000 person capacity, a 200 person capacity Cafe & Bar, a food court, and a fisherman restaurant. Burch Beach also offers concerts, weekend sunset parties, kite activities such as board, catamaran, wind surf, beach volley, and beach soccer.
Burch Beach is one of the best-kept and most beautiful beaches around Istanbul, perfect for watersports such as wind and kite-surfing. It is actually a private beach owned by Bosphorus University, so visitors will have to pay an entrance fee. However, it is worth it for its excellent equipment, sunset events, and twilight festival atmosphere, when revelers assemble by a bonfire in the sand.